What does it take for your business to break through the noise and actually reach your intended audience through online advertising?
By the looks of things, you’d guess that many businesses think increasing the amount of money they spend on advertising will help them succeed. Digital advertising continues to see impressive growth. In 2016, spending on digital advertising surpassed TV ad expenditures for the first time. eMarketer predicts:
- Digital spending will soar from $83 billion in 2017 to over $129 billion in 2021.
- Mobile will be the main driver of digital’s growth this year, accounting for over 70% of digital and more than one-quarter of total media outlays.
- Mobile ad spending will surpass TV’s in 2019.
- Display advertising became the most popular digital ad format in 2016 and is expected to remain so.
(Source: eMarketer Forecast)
Yet, even as companies increase their digital advertising budgets, consumers continue to block, ignore and generally dislike ads.
- 4 out of 5 of people have left a webpage because of a pop-up or autoplaying video ad.
- 70% of people dislike mobile ads.
- Mobile ad blocking has increased 90% year-over-year.
- 51% of people have a lower opinion of brands that use autoplaying video ads.
(Source: Hubspot Marketing Statistics)
There are effective strategies for online advertising that don’t necessarily involve spending more money. We partnered with Google’s Business Team to share strategies that make online marketing and advertising effective in today’s overflowing market. Google holds the largest share of the search ad market, earning nearly 80% of all U.S. search ad revenues.